Join the Big C Lumber Family
Scroll down to see our current open positions!
Considering a career with us? Are you looking for a company that cares about you and your family, the community, and the environment - and likes to have some fun too? We're a local, family-owned company looking for people who want to be a part of our family. We are a stable 101-year-old company! Discover more about the Big C Lumber culture HERE
for all positions (except seasonal) you can earn a $2,000 hiring bonus - while enjoying all the perks and benefits listed below!
Extra bonus for delivery drivers: If you are a cdl licensed driver, you can earn a $5,000 hiring bonus!
If you are a non-cdl licensed driver, you can still earn a $2,000 hiring bonus and we will pay for your cdl training to earn your cdl-b license!
Discover the many perks and benefits you and your family will enjoy when you join our team:
- 401k with 100% match options
- Health care and dental plan
- Paid holidays
- Competitive pay
- Promote from within policy
- Stability - we are a 100-year old company
- Evenings and most weekends off (some locations have limited Saturday hours)
- A generous employee discount on our products
- Company cell phone provided for most positions
- College Scholarship opportunity for children of full-time employees
- Fitbit health initiative
- Perks program including discounts on personal phone, computers, trash pick-up, etc.
- Big C Lumber branded online apparel store - free apparel upon hire
- Employee referral program
- EAP employee support program
- Very liberal paid time off policy - including flexible holiday hours often resulting in long weekends over some holiday seasons
- Fun family events such as camping trips, baseball games at parks such as South Bend Cubs, Fort Wayne Tin Caps, and Toledo Mud Hens
- Anniversary recognition gifts starting at 10 years, and every five years thereafter
- Career Development Program for those showing the desire and aptitude will have assistance and access to additional tools to help further their career
- New position training program - no experience necessary
- 'Above C Level' recognition program - potentially leading to a trip for two on our yearly contractor customer trip to a tropical destination
- A culture of embracing new technology to further our ability to communicate and service our customers
- Full disclosure on company goals and vision - with quarterly updates
- A culture of giving back as we support local charities and programs in the communities we serve
- Free annual health screening and flu shot (optional)
- Smart Dollar Financial Assistance Program
- Longevity of staff allows mentoring and on-the-job training
Come join us and see the difference a culture of caring can make - for the well-being of you and your family!
Sign up for Automatic Employment Alerts - We make learning about new career postings easy!
Would you like to be notified when we have an opening in a position you're interested in? Our "Employment Alerts" feature allows you to select and sign up for the job category you are interested in. Simply follow these steps to choose what alerts you want to receive.
- Create an account
- Check your email and click on the link to verify your email address
- Log in to your account
- At the top of the page, expand the drop-down (+) and select Job Alerts
- Click on Add Alert
- Set an Alert Name and choose the Job Type(s) you want to subscribe to
- Choose the frequency with which you'd like to receive the alerts
- Click Save Alert
That's it! Once you've set up your alerts, you will receive periodic email updates with any new job openings posted to the site. If you would like to apply or submit your resume, visit our Careers page and choose the position you would like to apply for. You can apply for the job directly on that page.
Our site is secure, so you won't have to worry about your personal information. We don't do anything with your information other than use it to contact you or send you an Automatic Employment Alert.
Moulder Operator – Fort Wayne, Indiana
Production - Moulder OperatorFort Wayne Indiana
Cabinet Designer – Custom Cabinet & Millwork Facility – Fort Wayne, Indiana
Cabinet DesignerFort Wayne Indiana
Outside Sales – Edgerton, Ohio
Outside Sales RepresentativeEdgerton Ohio
Hardware Associate/Do it Best & Sales
Hardware associate, sales, showroom maintenanceEau Claire, Michigan
Production Associates – Structural Building Components Facility, Dowagiac Michigan
Production AssociateDowagiac, Michigan
Delivery Driver – Coloma, Michigan
Delivery DriverColoma, Michigan
Delivery Driver – Mishawaka, Indiana
Delivery DriverMishawaka, Indiana
Delivery Driver – Three Oaks, Michigan
Delivery DriverThree Oaks, Michigan
Yard Associate/Delivery Driver – Cromwell, Indiana
Yard Associate/Delivery DriverCromwell, Indiana
Delivery Drivers/Yard Personnel – Kendallville, Indiana (Two openings)
Delivery Driver/Yard PersonnelKendallville Indiana
Delivery Driver – LaPorte, Indiana
Delivery DriverLaPorte, Indiana
Seasonal Part-time & Full-time Positions
Seasonal Part-time and Full-time positionsMultiple locations including South Bend, Elkhart, Three Oaks, Coloma, Mishawaka, Adrian, Eau Claire, Granger, Cromwell, LaPorte, Shipshewana, Kendallville, Edgerton
Structural Component Estimator – Structural Building Components Facility, Dowagiac Michigan
Structural Component EstimatorDowagiac Michigan
Delivery Driver – Shipshewana, Indiana
Delivery DriverShipshewana, Indiana
Delivery Driver – Eau Claire, Michigan
Delivery Truck DriverEau Claire, Michigan
Delivery Driver – Elkhart, Indiana
Delivery DriverElkhart, Indiana
Operations Manager – Fort Wayne, Indiana
Operations Manager - Lumber YardFort Wayne, Indiana
Delivery Driver – Edgerton, Ohio
CDL Delivery DriverEdgerton, Ohio