We are currently seeking a full-time Estimator for our Structural Building Components Facility in Dowagiac, Michigan. The primary role for this position is estimating structural building materials using CAD-based software.
- Provide design calculations for single structural members. (EWP, Dimensional Lumber, Steel, Timber Beams, Columns, Trusses, etc.)
- Quote Roof, Floor, and Wall materials from supplied prints
- Estimate cost of projects before turning over to structural design team
- Provide basic layouts for salespeople that describe where or how estimated materials will be used
- Perform any special assignments/projects as required by the department manager
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting blueprints and other construction documents
- Knowledge of the building materials industry
- Strong aptitude for working in a high-pressure customer focused culture
- Experience in basic design or construction framing practices
- Knowledge of roof truss design and application
- General knowledge of International Residential Code (IRC)
- Ability to use conversion tables and measurement scales
- Ability to meet deadlines with accuracy
- Ability to research information and products through the internet and other resources
This is a full-time position with benefits including paid time off, 401k with company match, medical, dental, and disability plans.
Please submit (upload) your resume through the link on this page, or apply in person at:
Big C Lumber
30600 Edwards St.
Dowagiac, MI 49047