We are currently seeking a full-time Component Estimator for our Structural Building Components Facility in Dowagiac, Michigan. The primary role for this position is estimating structural building materials using CAD-based software.
- Provide design calculations for single structural members. (EWP, Dimensional Lumber, Steel, Timber Beams, Columns, Trusses, etc.)
- Quote Roof, Floor, and Wall materials from supplied prints
- Estimate cost of projects before turning over to structural design team
- Provide basic layouts for salespeople that describe where or how estimated materials will be used
- Perform any special assignments/projects as required by the department manager
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting blueprints and other construction documents
- Knowledge of the building materials industry
- Strong aptitude for working in a high-pressure customer focused culture
- Experience in basic design or construction framing practices
- Knowledge of roof truss design and application
- General knowledge of International Residential Code (IRC)
- Ability to use conversion tables and measurement scales
- Ability to meet deadlines with accuracy
- Ability to research information and products through the internet and other resources
This is a full-time position with benefits including paid time off, 401k with company match, medical, dental, Company-paid life and disability plans, and company discount.
Please submit (upload) your resume through the link on this page, or apply in person at:
30600 Edwards St.
Dowagiac, MI 49047