structural building components facility - manufacturing Roof Trusses, Floor Trusses, & Wall Panels -and supplying engineered lumber products!
Discover the benefits of buying your Roof Trusses, Floor Trusses, Wall Panels and Engineered Lumber from Big C Lumber!
Big C Lumber's Structural Building Components Facility can supply properly designed packages with everything from the Floor Trusses, to the Wall Panels, and Roof Trusses. Working with your Architect and Engineer to meet their product specifications - along with utilizing the latest software to design your framing components - your projects are designed with each level of construction in mind to create one reliable, consistent package. And, just as important - your project is produced with quality wood on quality machinery - with no shortcuts. Our materials exceed industry standards and our machinery is top of the line. In fact, we have recently replaced or upgraded most of the machinery in our facility. This is an on-going improvement process to ensure the material leaving this facility is the best it can be. Where a typical factory produced wall panel may use smaller dimension lumber and wider spacing, Big C Lumber's wall panels are built the way a custom framer would build them. And, we don't just design a floor truss, we design a "floor system" that takes into account the mechanics of the building that will pass through them.
What's the difference between building a conventional stick-framed home, and one that is built using structural components (roof trusses, wall panels, and floor trusses) that are built in a production facility such as ours? The answers will surprise you. The benefits are amazing. Click the following links to discover more:
We design and supply the following:
- LVL and Laminated Beams
- PSL (Parallel Strand Lumber)
- LSL (Laminated Strand Lumber)
- Steel I-Beams
- Floor Trusses
- Roof Trusses
- Wall Panels
- Steel, Wood, and Laminated Columns
- We manufacture 3-ply and 4-ply 2 x 6 Nail-Laminated Columns
- We can cut large quantities of custom stud lengths for any application where standard pre-cut studs won't work
- We can design projects using Treated Lumber, Dimensional Lumber, or other species of lumber (such as Cedar, Oak, Maple, Hickory, and just about any other species you can imagine)
How will your project benefit by using Big C Lumber's manufactured Floor Trusses, Wall Panels, Roof Trusses, and I-Joists?
Take a look!
Floor Truss Advantages:
- Design versatility and open web spaces are tremendous advantages to builders of today's complex and sophisticated homes
- Our Floor Trusses are built with 2x4s oriented 'flatwise' - providing a wide, stable bearing surface that is easier to work on and around
- Spacing floor trusses at 16", 19.2", or 24" o.c. maximizes structural efficiency and speed of installation
- Stiffness and strength can be designed into the floor truss, creating a more solid floor
- Shrinkage, warping, or twisting are minimized - reducing the potential for callbacks to the job site
- Long span and girder truss options reduce the need for intermediate bearing walls, beams, columns, or footings - saving time and construction cost
- Open web configuration leaves plenty of room for plumbing, electrical, and mechanical runs
- Floor truss installations reduce framing time, waste, pilferage, and callbacks
- Typical depths for floor trusses are 12" to 24"
- Manufactured floor truss systems also save timber resources by reducing the amount of wood waste generated during construction
Wall Panel Advantages:
- Material quality and construction tolerances are closely controlled
- Placement plans can be generated, showing panel locations for easy setting
- Sheathing is applied in our factory, reducing time spent on job site
Roof Truss Advantages:
- Long, clear spans are easy to create - reducing or eliminating the need for interior bearing walls, beams, and columns
- Using computer aided design, our designers can provide additional freedom of building design and shape. Your building can look the way it was envisioned!
- Most roofs can be installed in one working day for shorter construction times
- Every truss design can be reviewed and sealed by a licensed engineer
- Trusses can save you time, cost, materials, and labor
- Trusses generate less waste at the job site. This improves safety and reduces cleanup cost. On site losses from mis-cutting, theft and damage are virtually eliminated in comparison to conventional framing
- Design flexibility with increased span potential
- Increased on-center spacings and longer lengths that save time
- Improved strength and stiffness
- More consistent sizes, appearance, performance...and lighter to handle!
- Webs that are easier to drill for HVAC, plumbing, and electrical
- Less job site waste
Start With STRENGTH... End With Beauty!
Visit your local Big C Lumber - or consult with your Big C Lumber salesperson for access to these products and services!